Our booking system is not currently available whilst we refurbish the cottages.
We aim to have this back online as soon as possible.
When you confirm your booking by the payment of a deposit, you enter into a contract between you the visitor and P & J Blackwell. Please read the following conditions of let fully.
- The term ‘owners’ refers to RAD Ltd, 1 Glaisnock Street, Cumnock, Ayrshire. KA18 1BP
- The letting period is from 16.00 hrs on day of arrival until 10.00 on day of departure.
- A confirmed booking will be made on receipt of a completed booking form and deposit to the value of £100, or the full amount due if booked within 8 weeks of arrival. The remainder of the balance due should be sent to P & J Blackwell at the above address, eight weeks prior to arrival. If balance payments are not received on the due date, the owners reserve the right to deem the booking as cancelled and any deposit paid will be forfeited.
- Cancellation of your booking within 28 days of arrival will mean that you will be liable for the full costs of your visit, unless the property can be re-let for those dates booked. If we can re-let the cottage for any portion of your cancelled stay, we shall be pleased to refund the applicable portion, minus your deposit. For all other cancellations made out with the 28 day period, an administrative sum of £50 only will be retained from the deposit.
- Only the person(s) named on the booking form may occupy the booked accommodation. Sub-letting of the property is strictly prohibited.
- The person or parties who sign the booking form will be responsible for ensuring that the conditions of the let are adhered to, and for losses or damage to the accommodation and its contents, allowing for fair wear and tear, however caused, during the rental period.
- The property must be kept clean and in good condition, and all breakages reported immediately.
- The owners cannot accept responsibility for any personal property belonging to visitors. All vehicles and property are left at the visitor’s own risk.
- Pets are allowed at Mote Cottage only. To keep any pets under control at all times and accept liability for any damage caused. Dogs must be house trained, kept off the furniture and out of the bedrooms. They are not to be left alone in or near the property at anytime, unless specifically agreed with the property owners and must not be exercised in any fields where there is livestock. Animal hairs to be removed from carpets and any fouling in the gardens should be cleared.
- If for any reason the property is not available to you on the dates booked owing to events out with our control, a full refund will be given. The owners will have no further liability to the visitor or to any other party.
- We reserve the right to refuse to hand over the property to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take overall charge of the property. All payment will be refunded without further liability. We also reserve the right to terminate the contract at any time or to remove person or persons due to unreasonable behaviour or damage to the property that may cause annoyance or offence to other parties. In such cases any refund will be at the discretion of the owners.
- The properties described as ‘Nith Holiday Cottages’ are used for the purpose of a holiday let to which section 12 (2) and paragraph 8 of schedule 4 of the Housing Scotland Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the property for the agreed period only.